Sunday, October 19, 2008

My first

Digi Roadshow.

(thankiu Zach for coming along with us for the whole entire day being our camera man and stuff. You even helped me hung my clothes up back onto the hanger O.o i respect u for that. Or rather, i appreciate that cuz i was super tired that time. TQ TQ TQ!)

I have 2 words.

HELLA TIRING!!

You see, we had to perform 5 performances EACH at 3 DIFFERENT locations.

1)Digi outlet at Ayer Keroh
2)Digi outlet at Cheng (Went to Cowboy for the first time in my life XD -.-)
3)Digi outlet at Pulau Gadong or what i would call, Pasir Gudang. always by accident T_T

We have 15 minutes between each dance performance because each stop at each location lasts for only 2 hours. We then have one hour to move from the first location to the next including our lunch time.

So in total, we had to perform 15 times in a day. My bro told me before hand already to get ready to be super tired during the day of performance. And so i was. At least i thought i was. I was already tired by the time we headed to the 2nd location @.@ I mean like, what the hell? I'm only 17..how could i get tired so easily? Had a headache some more. The magical thing was that, the headache would go away whenever i start dancing and come back right after i take my bow O.o then again, what the hell!

I was fine by the time we reached the 3rd location though. the 3rd location was the most fun in my opinion. Although the shop's like beside a very busy road, but there were little kampung boys who stayed on till the end to watch our performance (well, they actually stayed on to play 'kick the ball into the digi goal') But hey, they watched and clapped ^.^ fascinated by little things from time to time.

No, there was

No stage
No flashing lights
No smoke machine

It was either a thin mat placed on cement or the cement itself or the thin mat placed on the tarred road. It was most painfull to dance on the tarred road OBVIOUSLY. breakdancing on it is O.O and OBVIOUSLY, i didn't do much breakdancing because well, my bro and Young Jian are better at it! =D

Here are the 5 performance videos i chose to be the best 5 out of the other excruciating 10.

*on 2nd thought, i'll upload the videos once i've converted them k?* i'll edit my post soon.

-----------------------------

At one point, my brother and Young Jian was practicing their stunts. An old man that i think is a beggar walked pass..he then

STOPPED, STARED & SMILED.

I can see that he was amazed. Maybe in his curious mind of his, wondering why are there people standing on hands or jumping backwards in front of shop houses. He smiled excessively while my bro was dancing.

With this, i realised dance is able to reach out to people no matter who they are. It is able to put smiles on people's faces no matter the race/gender/age.Some of you might find it to be

- a waste of time
- a dumb thing to do as it can cause injuries
- a lame thing to take on as a hobby

But guess what, it is not mainly just a hobby. To some of us, it's

- our way of letting go
- our passion
- our life

OKAY..MAYBE~im over-exaggerating bout the life part.

but, it does play a very big role in us dancers' life. Because without it, we just might be U.

(please don't get me wrong. i'm not being sarcastic. Just a figure of speech.)

This experience is one that I'll never forget. It thought me to not slack whenever wherever. And most importantly, it thought me to know that, I despise l.o.v.e WORKING. (but as a dancer okayla..just that, to earn RM2.50, We need to practice 2 hours and 30 mins before hand before we actually start working for an hour O.o) Different compared to working for other part time jobs whereby u just nid to present yourself and start working there and then.

What's our pay?
RM133 per person :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trip to Port Dickson tomorrow!!

=D toodles! will post up the video as soon as i get back!

0 comments: