Sunday, May 10, 2009

Guide To : Appreciating Life. Climbing Bukit Beruang Hill at 2am and getting your car stuck up there.

'The promotional mix consists of 4 tools.'

Advertising
Personal Selling
Sales Promotions
Public Relations

"Well, that should be enough for today. I shall now play a round of Mario Kart on the DS and head straight to bed!", I thought to myself. I was about to jump onto my bed with my jammies on when suddenly,

Apple Bottom Jeans jeans Boots With The ( I know, i damn old-school.)

On the screen of my oh-so-red E65, it stated that my brother was calling. At precisely 1.13am.

Lyn: What? (yes i know, what a ganas way to answer a phone call from my one and only brother) Brother: Want to go up Bukit Beruang Hill or not?
Lyn: What?? As in like we hike up or drive up there?
Brother: Bodoh, of course drive up lah!
Lyn: (Since I've been a good girl the whole day, I decided to spare some of my time to do some random stuff with the guys) OK! Gime a few seconds, I've got to change.

Lyn then happily scurries out the door and hoppes into the car to meet dear brother, Puchyto, Meng and CS.

-count with me. we now have 4 guys and 1 girl in a Myvi. Total weight? ALOT. You'll see why I'm clarifying this later on.-
Up the hill we go! Like a roller coaster it was. Up and down and Up and down. Held on to the dashboard as if it's the metal railing on a roller coaster! XD The hill was a fun climb for the little grey myvi of ours until....

We reached a 60 degree slope!!!
At this point, my brother switched to gear 1 and rammed on the accelerator!

Br0oooOooo00ooo00oOom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but
to no avail, the car did not really move. -.-
In fact, it decided to let out smoke from it's engine!!! No joke! The front of the car was covered with smoke.

-a motor then appears out of nowhere. Either that or we were to busy panicking until we did not notice it coming up. The man on the motor asked us not to go up any further as it is very dangerous.-

A little too late I would say. Smoke was already coming out from the engine and it stinked like burnt well....burnt engine! My jaws were practically like :O and my eyes were like O.O''!! Why?

Gawd! It was a point of no return! We couldn't make a U-turn nor a 3-point turn at a 60 degree slope! Die lah i thought. There goes Dynamix~~

So how did we go down the hill?
Afraid that the brake wouldn't last when my brother is reversing down the 60 degree slope, Cs, Meng and Puchyto had to stand behind the car to push the car UPWARDS. Yes.

UPWARDS.

That was how steep the slope was. We were so afraid that the brake will give way. Well at least I was.We reversed the car for a good 50 metres or so until we spotted enough land that will enable our car to do a 3-point turn. We decided to rest the car before continuing our journey down. Until we saw this...

AH! compare it to the size of the leaf! It's MONSTROUS!

We started jumping around like fools while dusting off our clothes when we discovered that it was an ant. Even the guys were afraid of the ant. ^^ But imagine, we mistook it for
  • a cockroach
  • a spider
  • a cricket
that's how big the stinkin ant was!Plus, he wasn't alone! There were a bunch of them! blehuruerer....gives me the IbeeeGeJeBiz when i think about it again..Bleurgh~!

dumbfounded. while waiting for the car to cool down. If you click on the picture, you can see lights from Malacca town I think. That's how high up and stranded we were.

Tried to capture the steepness of the hill but failed miserably. Too dark d. XD

After much pushing and reversing, we finally made it down the hill safely. We stoned at the bottom of the hill again to cool the car down. Damn scary lah okay..what if the engine dies or worst still, explodes?? T_T

That's is why now, I am appreciating life more than ever because you'll never know what might happen to you at anytime at all. So should you ;)

My sincerest apologies upon my horrible style of writing that may come across boring but I am really tired and sleepy now [updated at this very hour because of Hui Kit! who was kind enough to call and ask what happened after he saw my shout out on face book].

Finals will start to commence next week and will last for two weeks. Even my birthday will not be spared T_T. Won't be blogging unless something real interesting comes up! ^^ Wish me luck!

Idle period= 18th May ----- 28th May.

TQTQTQTQTQTQTQ

Zach for waking up from sleep just to hear my stories so that I could sleep in peace , telling me that everything is going to be alright now that we're all safe at home. :)

Lance for coming out of your house to check if we're okay that night and giving me the tip of having a hot drink to aid me to sleep after a saddening night.

Mom and Dad for not knowing about this incident. EH JIE AND PARA COUSINS, don't tell any of our family members ah! Or I'll drag you to hell with me!

Appreciate life as you go along. Never let any opportunities slip by you. Life's too short to do so.

4 comments:

huikit2001 said...

ai yo yo...i thought so what happen...hehe...small girl..dont worry la...everything is going to be ok...take it as an exciting experience lo(it's like an adventure u know..but just to bukit beruang hill not atlantis)....but hey...dont worry...be happy...watch tv...eat maggi mee...it's all good...sorry for disturbing your beauty sleep...u sure look like a panda now...hehe..well..thanks for telling...Just try to drift with a service car next time if u wanna do it again...haha...all the best in exams ok...smile...^^...and take it easy k...

chkalex said...

walaoeh.........i was really SHOCKED too when i heard that!!....
DANGEROUS lo....even if i go genting also din so crazy....plus...BB hill mmg very steep one...somemore so damn 'early' go there....
maybe ur next destination...GENTING...
dont worry so much la...u wont so fast go one...*if u noe what i mean*
u still young. i know its hard to predict the future...but u mmg GOOD girl...not a BAD one...
and...u happen such a thing...somemore the only gal....
NO COMMENT!! haha
next time...when its time to sleep...go sleep...u may dream of doing this thing...at least is a dream n not real...
PLUS...u haven ADULT rite?? u still below 18 rite?? haha.....
lastly...all the best in ur exam...and i know u can do it since u stop dancing for weeks...

Caely said...

seriously scary le..
de ant damn big!! dangerous..hehe

Kev said...

Hi Marilyn

There's a line to draw between having fun and playing with danger. What you and your friends did at 2 a.m. on the hill was very dangerous... and you almost ruined your new car. You can experiment on anything as a teen, but if it endangers your life and those around you, it's not fun anymore.

Secondly, that ant could be poisonous. I was bitten by such an ant in the jungle once and my toe was swollen for days. My brother was bitten by a similar ant, and he almost blacked out.

Well, I don't wanna be too naggy - sorry if I am - but I care.

-Cheers & Happy Exam Time :)