Saturday, August 1, 2009

Degree is nothing like Foundations

Went for practice today after my last paper.
To my surprise, only 5 of us were present.
Dynamix, you lazy bunch.
On the bright side, I'm losing my fear of doing the round-off.
3 cheers for me!
Hip Hip- Hurraaaayyy!!
*hope my brother gets well soon*



1st paper = Management

Was sick a day before the paper. Nyways, I thought reading the online notes would be good enough for me to score in em papers. MAN!! was I wrong....so wrong that I emo-ed all the way back home. I drove looking like this on my way home.

o.o---->shocked because I couldn't do almost half of the paper that consisted of 40 questions.
:( ----> sad and disappointed because I took things too easily.

2nd paper= Financial Accounting 1

For this paper, I actually drank coffee. As a result, on the night before the day of my paper, I couldn't sleep until about 5am. I knew I was tired but I couldn't sleep! I tossed and turned in bed for a good 40 minutes until I finally dosed off. I find it scary how coffee forces you to stay awake although your body has already shown signs that it is tired and needs rest.Hmm... Woke up at 7.30am to continue my last minute revision. (Have you learned your lesson yet Marilyn? I guess not)

Actually, I did my revisions on the first two chapters earlier on before my Management paper.
I did the other two chapters, Chapter 3 a day before the paper and Chapter 4 on the day of the paper itself. Almost an hour before the paper started. Luckily I went to the library to meet up with Chun Aun and Elysia to discuss some questions during that hour. However, I think I screwed up that paper as well. Couldn't balance the stinkin Income Statement and the Balance Sheet.....

:( ------> Should've started studying earlier.

3rd paper= Fundamentals of Business

Now this, was mind-boggling. The text book is filled with words, words and MORE WORDS!!! I however, have a slight interest in the business world and didn't mind reading most of it. I find it really interesting and that I can relate to it rather easily. God-knows-why.

Spent half of my day in the public library today cramming information on how a poison pill and a white knight can be used to fend of corporate raiders( people who wants to buy all shares of a company by offering an offer tender or something like that).
That's only a tiny part of what I studied.
As tiny as how a spec of dust would look like to the Sahara Deset. Go Figure.

I studied the last chapter an hour before the paper. Regretted it much. We had to answer 100 MCQ in 2 hours. Almost 10 of the questions came from the last chapter that I had read at the very last minute..arh...

Lessons learned from the first midterm of my first year in Degree:


1) Never take things for granted.
2) Manage your time wisely.

I want to be a first class student and a part time dancer at the same time!

I know it's hard. I know it sounds impossible. But at least let me try.

If I were to fall, let me.
If I were to cry, let me.

If I were to fail, let me.

BUT

If I were to fall and never get up, offer me ur hands. I need help.
If I were to cry and never smile again, offer me ice-cream. It will make me smile.

If I were to fail and never continue to try, show me this
blog. For I will remember it once again.



0 comments: