Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tennis tournament + AJ's bday party

Alrighty then, yesterday was the 6th of September of 2008.

THE DAY MARILYN COMPETES IN A TENNIS TOURNAMENT

*SHATAP!* dun laugh...though i wouldn't claim that i can REALLY REALLY play..but i would say that i am considerably OK. :D

And so, early in the morning.. 6.40am to b exact, i was awaken by my alarm (Zach, dun emo ah~) LOLS. I then reluctantly woke up to go shower and stuff..*eh...6.40 on a saturday morning..u think leh?even if im supposed to wake up that early for a dance performance also i wud b damn reluctant .. *haha Then, Yee Wern called me asking if i was ready at 7.10 am as she's gona be fetching me and two other girls from Cyberjaya Campus to go for dimsum with the other tennis players.

Reached the shop..eat eat eat..but din have much appettite. TOO lazy to chew my food..so i asked Keen to eat one of my Siew Mais...haha We left the place at 8am and headed on to MMU's tennis court. If YOU, yes YOU. did not read my previous posts, i did mention that i would be joining the tournament in the mix-doubles category with a guy named Wei Keen. Since then, we've been having practices to train my tennis and to also teach me the basics of all basics!tq for being so patient with me.. :)

Our 1st match was with Patrick & Vanitha. we lost 2-8. but i enjoyed the game!

Our 2nd match was agaisnt Triple T(Thing Thien)&Adeline Chong. Both also very good.. but Triple T is not very good in controlling the ball and so he gave me say.. 2 drop shots T_T SHO EVIL RIGHT!! bullying this noob...haha BUT, maybe he was taking revenge at us as KEEN gave them his 'Everyday-is-Sunday Forehand' swing at the very start of the game.(Keen is famous for his super keng forehand) That made Triple T crumble to the ground. NO JOKE. Everyone at the court laughed their arses off at that moment. HAHA!! so did i.. We however, lost 0-8.LOL! after that game, i've to wait for around 3 hours or so feeling sick and hungry by the time it was 12. I honestly just felt like laying on the floor and just sleep there..but *shy* Then, i thought to myself, "Why so sueh one..sick on the day of tournament". HAHA!! then at around 12.30, Keen went into the court to play with a guy named Alvin from SFI. *does anyone noe him? he's an indian* THAT GUY AH....my goodness, let's just say he dragged the game till say..2 something??already noe sure lose..dun drag till so long mah yor...!*i noe..evil right..but i was bored+sick+hungry*....However, my tummmy was saved when Tami came with food!! Duck rice/ Chicken rice. Obviously, i chose duck rice. I ate half of it only. If not wait cannot run. LOL!

(oh yeah, dun ask me why half of my post is green in colour~i duno how to change it back to it's default and suddenly, the post below is back to the default again.God Noes How)

Finally then, about 3pm, we went in for our last game of the tournament. Throughout all the games, Keen told me to just have fun and not think bout the scores cuz ...sure lose one. LOL! sorry lar i so noob..and so i did..the 3rd game was the most enjoyable one. At the vry start of the game, a girl tennis player from Cyber named Myra* vry good one* and her partner named Edwin, did not know that im a beginner and thus, returned the ball really quickly at me. I tried to hit+ avoid the ball at the same time.. smart right?the ball was really fast and im not used to it!! Then Keen told them that i'm a beginner and they went," OH! okay okay..sry sry~"... From this game, we lost...

4-8!!!

HAHAHAH!! i damn happy...cuz this opponent of ours is the strongest of the lot. Excluding Kai Zhang & Tami of course. Due to them not being used to hitting soft balls, they lost points from there.. and my service got much better in this game.. (maybe cuz ive been sitting down for too long..lols ) We felt bad for getting that many points though. cuz of my noobness^^It's not that easy to play like a noob kay.. =p *consoling myself* was really really happy that we actually got 4 points.. ^^ After that, i went home..ate..took panadol and slept for awhile....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At 6.45, was awaken by Zach as i've a party to attend to later...a birthday party for a close friend of mine = Aloysius Junior Ng. Then, when i stared into the mirror, i was brought aback on my super red cheeks... THen i thought to myself, " Must be sunburn.." T_T i went to the party with Lavnya and met up with our other friends. In my case, i was happy to see Sha Maine after 1234567890 years not meeting her. okay. im over-exaggerating. But i miss her^^ and during the party, she told me a secret of hers that schocked me...(u noe wht im talkin bout rite sha?) Dnt wry...ur secret is safe with me and i'm glad that you shared it with me. GOOD NEWS MAH~~^^ After all the eating and cake-cutting, some of us went into the tv room whereas some of us went into the guest room where 3 guitars where there being strummed/plucked..wtv u called it, they were doing it. Mainly AJ,Bryan,Nicholas,Moi and then came Alexander. He sang to Jason Mraz's, I'm Yours. It sounded really good cuz i din noe that he sings. :) Many people from the tv room left at around 10 something..so early... and so, we patronized the tv room after. Jordan,Kalai, and Eugene were like, GLUED to the ps2..guys and their football frenzy.-.-

KALAI brought his RADIO...the bass damn nice i tell you =D and started blasting songs.HE alone started dancing. DAMN cute i tell you..haha he kept asking me to dance...that lead to the others to ask me to dance as well.. T_T after like say..30 minutes of asking&provoking, suddenly.. Kelvin Lim stood up and did what they call, 'The Robot'. HAHAHA!! i did not expect that from him as he's a swimmer..nt a dancer. Well, at least not the type of person that i would think of to suddenly stand up and start dancing. I got less scared after cying that and started to dance just to satisfy these bunch of people! Kelvin later told me saying tht it was his first time ever dancing and he did that just so that i would not feel that pressured as everyone was pushing me. *THANKIU! REALLY SWEET OF YOU!* We left after that session was over...lol Vincent sent me back..tq tq..lol

Went home, took some medicine and hit the sack immediately cuz i realised that my eyes were really red and cheeks as red as a tomatoe. Some at the party claims it to be cute cuz it luks as if i'm blushing all the time. -.-. When my dad saw me, he stared at me like this O.o and asked me this.

"What have you been drinking at the party?"

LOL!! i then told him that it's sunburn..and i've got fever.He immediately gave me medicinbe after that.LOL everyone knows that i dun drink. well if you don't know.. High time that you should and never ever invite me to go drinking or watsoever.haha

Yesterday was torturing (thanks to my fever) and also a vry fun day. I will not forget the experience i've gained working towards the tennis tournament and also what a friend would do to make me feel more comfortable. :) My prize for the day is...

'Limited edition' Us Open Tennis balls!

ps: I look like a roasted chicken now~

0 comments: