Saturday, November 1, 2008

Deja Vu

There I was..once again,

At the exact same seat i was 2 years back with the almost exact same bunch of friends around me. Awaiting the results that were ready to hit me right in the face without any sympathy..

*dub dub* *dub dub*

Hands were held tight among I, ann gie, ester, sharon, nick and chun yian.

Third place winner: BLAQUE

The emcee somehow mentioned our group's name so softly even my heartbeat was louder than his voice.I could barely hear..Or dare I say, DO NOT want to hear~

my jaw dropped & heart stopped for a second...I was reluctant to go up and accept 3rd placing as I really couldn't believe my ears though my friends were pushing me to go up and accept the prize. After like 3 seconds in shock, i came back to my senses and went up tailing behind ann gie. But right when i was on stage, I looked back..no one was behind me..my other members did not come up to the stage with us. I was left in AWE. Seriously, i think Soon Heng got that picture on camera where my mouth was wide open. Then, i thought to myself, is it really that emberassing to accept the 3rd placing prize? Or you guys just did not know that we were supposed to accept it as a group?

On my way down...my eyes were already turning watery as i bumped into the 2nd place winner = Twins Shadow. (Some younger dancers from MGSS) I immediately looked away. I was about to go to the back of the stage as i did not want ANYBODY to see me cry..But i did not as i thought i could suck it up after awhile..

Hell was i wrong.. DEAD WRONG.

My tears started to pour more once i was back at my seat again..I am really sorry..i promised Ann Gie that i would not cry as it is her birthday. She too said that she does not want to cry.. But she did in the end..

I seriously am hopeless..i expect too much all the time and end up hurting myself in the end. However, this time, I would not put all the blame on me myself. I partially blame the PA system to be so sucky. I mean like GAWD. Ever heard of sound check? *sigh* that was why i was being all negative on going first..and the lights..WHITE LIGHTS??was not expecting white lights..thought it was going to be yellow lights.. Our song had no sound at certain parts of our dance..Just imagine...the audience looking at us dance as if we were back up dancers for Charlie Chaplin..

But I gave it my all..whatever I had practiced for. I believe ALL of us did. Even when the music's volume went superbly low, continuing on without any stops with a huge SMILE is the only natural thing to do. Don't you agree?

Now i'm glad it's over. No more dreaming of dance-related stuff whenever i sleep every night. No more starving. No more BOMBED hair that takes me 1 hour to repair.. and No more heavy make up as it takes forever to remove. Seriously, I don't know how you people out there stand make up *urgh* sucks the life out of me when it comes to removing it. No more timed hours spent with Y-O-U. ( now this i can't guarantee) T_T

Hour ago right after LCC, I felt like jumping down from a building. Now, I'm perfectly fine already. Thanks to Y-O-U. see teck peng, told u i'll be fine after awhile..

Thanks to Ester, Ann Gie, Nicholas, Sharon and Chun Yian for coming together and performing together as Blaque. Sorry if i had said/ pushed you guys too much during practice. Though short, this is an experience i'll never forget. :)

Ps: Nick and Ester, do send me the pics asap as this post looks a tad bit too bald without any pictures of us. ;)

A VERY BIG CONGRATS TO MY DEAR FRIENDS FROM KIDDOJOO FOR WINNING FIRST PLACE!! you guys really deserved it :)

I'm tired now..stopid hair's taking forever to dry..

Anticipate the video aight?

<3 YOU

[After watching the video, i felt that we did really REALLY well. much better than i expected!! But seriously, I BLAME THE PA system. I am not saying that we could've won even if the PA did not go terribly wrong. But at least it wouldn't leave the crowd to wonder what's our dance's concept or worst still.. WHY is our song mixing skill so
NOOB?? if u are one of em.. NOOB my foot lah wei. my bro helped us to mix our song. so a billion thanks to u, bro. And he's no Noob. It's sad to think that we'll never have the chance to perform this again. With the proper song. T_T] If i could, i would kick the PA box thingi. Dumbo~ sheesh..then got people walk walk somemore during the perf..does it mean that our perf is boring to begin with or was it because of the music that made them lose interest? HM~~dun care lah..i need to sleep now.. It's late.. :)]

Another ps: Desmond, i finally saw u today! ahak!

0 comments: