Friday, November 7, 2008

R.I.P

After months of fighting tongue & throat cancer...my godmother finally gave up her last breath last night.

Yesterday, my aunt & my grandma had a bad feeling already after receiving a call from my Aunt from Johor. So we rushed up yesterday morning itself via taxi. We stayed with my godmother until late evening. We saw that she had difficulty breathing already..she was also in a coma state. So no matter how loud we called out to her..she wouldn't respond... Only after we left did she gave her last breath away with her husband by her side..

I am regretting right now because i could have had the chance to still communicate with her last week before she got into a coma. But i chose dancing over visiting her last week. I told myself that i must try my best to win it for her since i ACTUALLY chose dance over my own godmother, but i did not manage.

I'm so sorry...My godmother's a really kind person. She would donate to any beggar she were to see despite her condition. She suffers from kidney failure(at around 30+) and recently cancer. Have the heart to actually still buy wholemeal bread for her mother whenever she comes down to Malacca and also buy Magnum ice cream for me when i was actually still a Fat & Chubby lil kid. That's where i got my nickname for her and my godfather, "AMOPO" cuz those white kids in western countries are usually fat and chubby unlike asians u see.She would buy me things she think i would like. There was this once, i went up to JB earlier this year before my intake, she took me shopping and insists that i get clothes for school. Some pictures in friendster(the green shirt and shorts+ the vest picture) are taken with her by my side(just like how a mother would splurge on a daughter.what more, a daughter she had never had and couldn't have due to her kidney problem). She has a heart as big as the universe..but god had to take her sufferings away.. it's time.. I wanted to see her heal..but..i duno~i guess it's better this way..she can finally eat and be happy in heaven..

She has not eaten any solid food since February this year.. Only milk...and more milk..a few months back, she couldn't even drink through her mouth no more..

+++

Godma, rest well. don't worry about us here. We're fine. Follow the lights leading to heaven and you will be free from all the pain you've been enduring.

You will always be remembered & I will only have you alone as my godmother. No one else will replace you no matter what.

0 comments: