Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson; a world icon

As much as I don't want to believe it,
The truth is inevitable.
The King is no longer with us.

  • It seemed like it was just yesterday that my friends and I were singing to his songs namely, 'Heal the World' and 'We Are The World' for a charity event in front of a live audience. We were only 10/11 years old back then.
  • It seemed like it was just yesterday that my friends and I were dancing to 'Thriller' in school. We were only 14/15 years old back then.
  • It seemed like it was just yesterday where I first learned how to moonwalk. I was 17.

I really really REALLY didn't believe the text that my sister sent me the day after my competition over at Station 3, saying that Michael Jackson had passed away at precisely 5.21am. The saddest part was, I was still awake at that time. Unaware of what was happening on the other side of the world.

Michael Joseph Jackson
Originated from the Jackson 5, was placed as the lead singer.
Went solo in his early 20s' and made it big with his album, 'Thriller'.

Went on singing songs like, 'Black or White' and 'Heal The World'.

Announced his plans for his last world tour in JULY 2009.
Passed away sadly on the 25th of June 2009.


I am still in a state of shock.
A world, and must I stress again, a WORLD icon, is now resting with the angels.
Away from false accusations that filled the last few days of his lives.
He has done so much in the music industry by delivering heartfelt messages through his songs.
Be it telling you that you are not alone or to don't stop till we get enough.
Only he was capable.

A picture taken right after he announced his plans for his tour in July. haih...


R.I.P Michael Jackson
You will always be in our hearts.
No one will ever forget who Michael Jackson is.






Updates on Station 3 coming soon...

0 comments: