Thursday, June 11, 2009

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

GPA Sem 1:
3.64

GPA Sem 2:
3.64

GPA Sem 3:
3.85

CGPA= 3.72!!!

AHHH!!!! I can't believe that I finally got 1st class!!!
Of all semesters, I thought the 3rd semester would be the toughest with 6 subjects. But I managed 1st class!!

And my CGPA is also 1st class.
Seriously, I'm beyond happy. Words can't even describe how I feel.
I actually ran into my living room where my brother was with my pyjamas while merely shouting YESSS!!Alongside the rock star sign (w^^w) which i did with my hands.
Yes. I'm such a geek. Sue me.


This might seem like nothing to some of you guys out there but if you knew me in secondary, you'll know how I feel :) I never knew the meaning of the word 'study' until I got into Form 4 and started to feel the pressure. I slowly started to look at the books, open the books, and actually read the books. Slowly...I tried. But it was somehow too late at that point. My hopes were set too high as I actually aimed for 8As in SPM. I got 7 and I cried...because I really did try but it was simply not enough. However, I persevered and i finally saw the fruits of my labour today.

What I'm even proud of is that I managed to live my hobby while at this. Many would say,


"Marilyn, don't everyday dance dance ! study lah!"
"You everyday dance till late night. Like that how you want to score??"
"Lyn...studies more important."
"Eh you everyday dance got study one or not?"


I was determined. I didn't want anybody to have the opportunity to say,
I told you so!


My family contributed a lot to my success. They've always told me that I can do it if I set my mind to it. They are the ones who told me that I'm not stupid whenever I always claim I am. Playful maybe, but not stupid. My friends who studied together with me were really helpful as well. They'd come down all the way from town to MMU just to tutor me in accounts or would stay back in the library until it closes at 12am to tutor me in math. You know who you guys are and I thank you guys a bunch!

I now strongly believe that
perseverance is key.
You should too.
:
') tears of joy






















Who says you can't do both and actually be good in it?


6 comments:

*flower in spring* said...

CONGRATSSSSS!

Kev said...

Dear Marilyn

When I saw your broad smile at the Family Heritage restaurant, I knew you were really ecstatic with your results. As your former lecturer, I'm happy for you too. Indeed, perseverance & patience always pay off ultimately.

From Beta onward, work equally hard regardless of what others say about university being "easy" or "difficult". In the end, it all boils down to your effort. At the same time, you also spend time on your dancing - which is a good way to de-stress actually :)

Anyway, I believe you'll do well if you've set your heart and mind into it ...so, good luck in your endeavours, ok?

Aaron Leo said...

Gratz! I hope i'll be like you in uni too =) I had the same situation in form 5 also last year. who said i can't game/sports and still score good in SPM XD

Pepybomb said...

To Rachel: THanks gurl!^^

To Mr Kevin: Yeah..i was really happy that my hardwork actually paid off.. SOrry that i was playful in class during Sem 2 though>< Now that I'm moving on to degree, I'll definitely try harder regardless of what people say. Thanks for ur words of encouragement :) Thanks ^^

To Aaron: I bet u can! You're a LEO! you can dance and study at the same time! haha if any problems were to arise, feel free to seek Aunty Marilyn. ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG u r awesome!!
Congrats!!

Pepybomb said...

To Gin: I'm okay.. >< haha thankiu tho ^^ haha I'll contact u bout the books kay? I need some..haha